We’re hiring in Guelph!! And looking for a passionate, driven and energetic candidate to join our Collection team for the position of Collections Specialist located in Guelph, Ontario.
Looking for a change? Want to make your mark in a fast-paced, professional and fun environment? As a Collections Specialist, are you the master of staying professional and calm during difficult conversations while negotiating appropriate payments for delinquent accounts? We want someone who will believe in our shared goal of creating meaningful value and an exceptional experience for our customers, our people and our communities.
What we look for:
- Ensures the correct procedures are followed related to contraventions of the Rental Agreement, while following PIPEDA and the Collection and Debt Settlement Services Act.
- Assists in the coordination of records, prepares legal documents for submission to the Landlord and Tenant Board, and follows up directly on any other matter related to concerns with respect to the tenancy.
- Contacts delinquent tenants through skip tracing techniques, by means of phone, email or mail, with the purpose of requesting and collecting monies owing to Skyline and negotiating appropriate payment arrangements within authorized limits.
- Work with tribunals and court systems to file orders for judgments or garnishments.
- Superior multi-tasking and organizational skills while remaining detail orientated.
- Able to be proactive with good problem solving skills, judgment and innovation.
- Strong interpersonal and customer service skills with an enthusiasm for working with the public.
- Capable of operating under pressure and meeting deadlines.
- Practiced in the set up and maintenance of operating procedures, spreadsheets and databases as well as organizing data to prepare reports.
- Knowledge of residential property management and/or real estate is an asset.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills in English.
- Minimum 2 to 3 years post-secondary education; OR 3 years of relevant and equivalent workplace experience; OR Any equivalent combination of experience and/or education from which comparable knowledge, skills and abilities have been achieved.
- Minimum of 18 years of age or older.
- Ability to work a flexible schedule.
Why you want to work here:
- You get a thrill from staying organized; being compliant; and spreadsheets are your “thing”.
- You believe that care and compassion can go a long way in tough situations.
- You want to be a part of a great team that celebrates individuality, as well as supports and builds people up.
- Working for a growing company that supports environmental stewardship and social responsibilities gives you the warm-fuzzies.
- You want to work for a company that supports work-life balance.
The Skyline Group of Companies is a fully integrated investment management organization: grounded in real estate, powered by people, and growing for the future. Every aspect of Skyline is managed with the utmost care and attention to detail, from consulting with investors to fostering a sense of community at each and every one of our properties.
We offer our employees competitive pay, benefits, paid volunteer day, on-going training, growth potential and so much more. Our workplace culture empowers staff at all levels to become involved in supporting and building vibrant communities.
Come be a part of Skyline – Building Careers and Communities!