We’re growing!! And looking for a detail-oriented and enthusiastic candidate to join our team for the position of Maintenance Technician located in Airdrie, Alberta. This is an ideal FULL-TIME, LIVE-IN opportunity for someone who is mechanically inclined and loves a challenge!
- Maintaining the physical integrity of the building through general maintenance and up-keep of the assigned properties.
- Cleaning and repairing items in vacant and occupied units (minor plumbing, electrical, carpentry, etc).
- Completing physically demanding work which includes the use of ladders, power tools and occasionally lifting up to 50 pounds.
- Applying knowledge of building HVAC, plumbing, electrical, DDC BAS systems and life safety systems.
- Proven relevant mechanical/electrical aptitude and trouble-shooting skills.
- General understanding of basic plumbing, electrical and carpentry.
- Ability to troubleshoot and problem solve effectively.
- Excellent communication and organizational skills required.
- Ability to multi-task and remain detail oriented.
- Ability to work independently as well as with a team.
- Ability to lift up to 50lbs.
- Ability to bend, push and pull as well as go up and down stairs.
- PC skills are an asset (Word, Excel, e-mail/web).
Education & Experience:
- High School Diploma and 5 years work related experience.
- Previous experience in residential maintenance or related field.
- Previous experience renting apartments and assisting tenants an asset.
- Knowledge of applicable legislation respecting residential tenancies in Alberta and the rights and obligations of Landlords and Tenants an asset.
Why you want to work here:
- Providing great customer service is something you thrive on.
- You get a thrill from staying organized and details are your “thing”.
- Being part of a great team has been your dream.
- Working for a growing company that supports environmental stewardship and social responsibilities is a must for you.
- You are a jack-of-all-trades and love working with your hands!
How to Apply:
Fax: 519 341 0178
The Skyline Group of Companies is comprised of four primary entities to oversee its real estate investment, development, asset management and property management interests. The Skyline Group prides itself on its continuous ability to achieve its objective of owning and managing viable, reputable and accretive commercial and multi-residential real estate. We offer our employees competitive pay, benefits, paid volunteer day, on-going training, growth potential and so much more. Our workplace culture empowers staff at all levels of Skyline to become involved in supporting and building vibrant communities.
Building Careers and Communities!