As a result of our continued growth, we are seeking candidates for the position of Associate/Junior Property Manager located in the Gatineau, QC area.
In coordination with the region’s Property Manager and Regional Director, the Associate/Junior Property Manager is responsible for professionally managing assigned properties to guarantee efficiency and a profitable operation, while ensuring ongoing tenant satisfaction and retention. This position is designed to develop skills that could lead to greater responsibilities within the organization.
- Previous experience with all aspects of property management.
- Possess a strong knowledge of the Residential Tenancy Act and Landlord and Tenant Board guidelines and processes.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills in English.
- Good PC skills (Word, Excel, e-mail/web).
- Familiar with and able to use smart phone and tablet technology effectively.
- Must be willing to transfer to other locations within Ontario.
- Knowledgeable in WHMIS, First Aid, Fire code and other applicable Health & Safety legislation.
- Bilingual French/English
- Competently read and understand financial statements.
- Effectively manage others, including suppliers, trades people, and subordinates.
- Multi-task effectively while remaining detail oriented.
- Demonstrate good organizational skills.
- Show exceptional customer service skills.
- Be diplomatic, but firm in response to aggressive behaviour.
- Work independently as well as in a team environment.
- Be proactive with good problem solving skills, judgment and innovation.
- Set a positive example through adherence to Skyline’s Health & Safety practices and procedures.
- Travel throughout a region/portfolio.
Education & Experience
- Minimum 2 to 3 years post-secondary education or 3 years equivalent workplace experience.
- Valid driver’s license with satisfactory driving record and automobile insurance.
Why you want to work here:
- You get a thrill from providing superior customer service to tenants and knowing you positively impact people’s lives every day.
- Travelling is in your blood and you want to relocate to some fantastic communities.
- You want to be a part of a great team that celebrates individuality, and supports and builds people up.
- Working for a growing company that supports environmental stewardship and social responsibilities gives you the warm-fuzzies.
- You want to work for a company that supports work-life balance and truly cares that you are 100% fulfilled in your life.
- You love handling multiple challenges and developing opportunities within your region.
The Skyline Group of Companies is a fully integrated investment management organization: grounded in real estate, powered by people, and growing for the future. Every aspect of Skyline is managed with the utmost care and attention to detail, from consulting with investors to fostering a sense of community at each and every one of its properties.
We offer our employees competitive pay, benefits, paid volunteer day, on-going training, growth potential and so much more. Our workplace culture empowers staff at all levels to become involved in supporting and building vibrant communities.
Come be a part of Skyline – Building Careers and Communities!