We’re hiring in Guelph!! And looking for a passionate, driven and energetic candidate to join our team for the position of AutoCAD Drafting Technician located in Guelph, Ontario.
Looking for a change? Want to make your mark in a fast-paced, professional and fun environment? As the AutoCAD Drafting Technician in our Fire & Life Safety Department, you will be responsible for assisting the department Specialist in developing and coordinating revisions of building floor and fire safety plans to ensure compliance with the Ontario Building Code, the Ontario Fire Code and all other applicable regulations. You will mainly assist with the creation of AutoCAD design drawings to be used for presentations, proposals or for the Skyline Living website. This position also provides general administrative support to the Business Operations department to support our shared goal of creating meaningful value and an exceptional experience for our customers, our people and our communities.
What we look for:
- Alongside the Specialist, visit assigned properties in order to sketch and create accurate building floor plans.
- Work with the Specialist to develop detailed plans showing arrangement of walls, dividers, displays, lighting and other fixtures using computer-assisted design(CAD) software and graphics software.
- On occasion, liaise with city officials and fire prevention officers to ensure fire safety planning is in accordance with current practices, safety regulations and codes.
- Perform follow-up communications, actions and documentations with various Fire Departments to ensure Fire Safety Plan approval.
- Develop a wide range of drawings to reflect the wide scope of work the company has: construction drawings, legal drawings, design drawings, and conceptual drawings.
- Develop timelines and systems to monitor monthly and yearly requirements.
- Assist with the development and maintenance of fire and life safety Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs).
- Work with the Fire & Life Safety Specialist in creating, organizing and presenting training related to fire and life safety equipment and systems.
- Maintain and update building plans, technical information, drawings and other related information on building portfolio.
- Understanding of and ability to apply Building Code design requirements.
- Valid driver's license with satisfactory driving record and automobile insurance.
- Post-secondary education equivalent to a college diploma in Architecture, Construction, Design or a related field.
- 1 to 3 years of AutoCAD, or equivalent system experience a must.
Why you want to work here:
- You get a thrill from staying organized; Ensuring your work is detailed and accurate is a must for you.
- You can conceptualize, create and interpret space requirements outlined from site visits.
- You want to be a part of a great team that celebrates individuality, as well as supports and builds people up.
- Working for a growing company that supports environmental stewardship and social responsibilities gives you the warm-fuzzies.
- You want to work for a company that supports work-life balance.
The Skyline Group of Companies is a fully integrated investment management organization: grounded in real estate, powered by people, and growing for the future. Every aspect of Skyline is managed with the utmost care and attention to detail, from consulting with investors to fostering a sense of community at each and every one of our properties.
We offer our employees competitive pay, benefits, paid volunteer day, on-going training, growth potential and so much more. Our workplace culture empowers staff at all levels to become involved in supporting and building vibrant communities.
Come be a part of Skyline – Building Careers and Communities!