As a result of our continued growth, we are seeking candidates for a position of Corporate Legal Counsel located in our Head Office in Guelph, ON.
We are searching for an accomplished Corporate-Commercial Lawyer to provide general legal advice and guidance under the direction of Skyline’s General Counsel on a broad range of topics related to all facets of the company’s business, with a specific emphasis on Corporate and Commercial Law including structuring private equity vehicles and implementing complete corporate re-organizations.
What we look for:
- A broad foundation of legal concepts, experience and applications relevant to the practice of corporate law.
- Passion for and experience in the various types of business structures such as the corporate and administrative procedures involved in preparing and filing articles of incorporation, amendments, limited partnerships, trust declarations, etc.
- Experience implementing complex corporate re-organizations and share acquisition transactions.
- A love of and ability to correctly interpret legislation governing the formation and operation of corporations, limited partnerships, trusts, etc.
- Familiarity with various forms of corporate and commercial agreements (to keep us safe!) including shareholders’ agreements, limited partnership agreements, securities distribution agreements, asset and property management agreements and various other forms of service or similar agreements.
- Knowledge of FastCompany an asset.
- Member in good standing with the Law Society of Upper Canada, and able to practice law in Ontario.
- Minimum two (2) years of demonstrated corporate legal experience required.
Why you want to work here:
- Analytical skills and ability to interpret law is your super power.
- Working for a growing company that supports environmental stewardship and social responsibilities is a must for you.
- You're a master multi-tasker and get a charge out of remaining extremely detail-oriented.
- No task is too big or too small for you; you demonstrate a can-do attitude and appreciate the many opportunities we have to learn each day (there's always something new at Skyline!).
- Operating under pressure and meeting a tight deadline is your favourite way to work.
- You're funny (or at least think you are) and that helps you to withstand stress while ensuring accuracy and thoroughness.
- You get a thrill from staying organized and time management is your “thing”.
- Being part of a great team has been your dream.
- You want to work for a company that supports work-life balance and truly cares that you are fulfilled in your life.
The Skyline Group of Companies is a fully integrated investment management organization: grounded in real estate, powered by people, and growing for the future. Every aspect of Skyline is managed with the utmost care and attention to detail, from consulting with investors to fostering a sense of community at each and every one of its properties.
We offer our employees competitive pay, benefits, RSP match program, paid volunteer day, on-going training, growth potential and so much more. Our workplace culture empowers staff at all levels to become involved in supporting and building vibrant communities.
Come be a part of Skyline – Building Careers and Communities!