We’re expanding our Wealth Management team!! And looking for passionate, driven and energetic candidate for the newly created position of Director of Compliance located in our Head Office in Guelph, Ontario.
Looking for a chance to make your mark in a fast-paced, professional and fun environment? As the Director of Compliance and acting as the Chief Compliance Officer, you will ensure management and employees are in compliance with the rules and regulations of regulatory agencies (primarily the Ontario Securities Commission), that company policies and procedures are being followed, and that behavior in the organization meets the requirements outlined in SWMI’s Compliance Manual while supporting Skyline’s shared goal of creating meaningful value and an exceptional experience for our customers, our people and our communities.
What we look for:
- Passion for and thorough understanding of investment management and strong knowledge of finance, economics and general business principles (and a sense of humour!).
- Specialized knowledge of compliance and all applicable securities laws and regulations. You have to be serious about this and we’ll be relying on you to help keep us on the right track.
- An ability to see the matrix and identify compliance issues before they begin and use problem solving skills extraordinaire to resolve all concerns.
- A unique combination of strategic focus and hands-on operational working style.
- Minimum University Degree (Business, Economics, Accounting, Finance) at least 5 years’ additional related business development and discretionary investment management experience. Three years’ experience in a compliance related role.
- Qualified to be immediately registered as a CCO for an IFM/PM/EMD.
Why you want to work here:
- Acting as a reference source and providing guidance relating to securities and investment management activities is something you thrive on.
- Working for a growing company that supports environmental stewardship and social responsibilities is a must for you.
- You get a thrill from staying organized and details are your “thing”.
- At family dinners, you’re the diplomat able to successfully navigate through some rocky conversations.
- Risk management gives you the warm fuzzies.
- You’re the epitome of professional presentation skills and demeanor.
- Being part of a great team has been your dream.
- You want to work for a company that supports work-life balance and truly cares that you are fulfilled in your life.
The Skyline Group of Companies is a fully integrated investment management organization: grounded in real estate, powered by people, and growing for the future. Every aspect of Skyline is managed with the utmost care and attention to detail, from consulting with investors to fostering a sense of community at each and every one of its properties.
We offer our employees competitive pay, benefits, paid volunteer day, on-going training, growth potential and so much more. Our workplace culture empowers staff at all levels to become involved in supporting and building vibrant communities.
Come be a part of Skyline – Building Careers and Communities!